This is an interesting pair of solid silver antique knife rests being made by George Maudsley Jackson and David Fullerton.
These two well known silversmiths formed a partnership in 1897. Hence one of the rests is marked with G.M.J hallmarked in London 1896. The other rest is marked by G.J. and D.F., hallmarked in London 1898.
It would appear that the two identical rests were mixed up when sold. This is not unheard of when more than one item of the same design were produced.
The ends are finely pierced with a twisted middle section and in fine condition measuring 3.5" long x 1.25" high.£ 120.00 (GBP) - 1 pair Add to Basket